History of VNIINMASH
Russian scientific and research Institute for standardization and certification in mechanical engineering lead started from 1944.
By the Decision by the State Defense Committee from April 30, 1944 and the order of the People's Commissariat of Mortar Armament of the USSR No. 242 of May 5, 1944, the State Central Design Bureau for Machine-Tool Building was established in the system of the People's Commissariat the Ministry of Armaments USSR.
By decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR from February 17, 1946, the People's Commissariat of Machine-Building and Instrument-making was transformed into the Ministry of Mechanical Engineering and Instrument-Making, which was subordinated to the Central Design Bureau.
In 1948, by the decision of the Council of Ministers of the USSR No. 664 from March 6 and the order of the Ministry of Mechanical Engineering and Instrumentation of the USSR No. 167 from March 15, 1948, the Central Design Bureau for Standardization was reorganized into the State Union Design Technological and Experimental Institute ORGMASHPRIBOR, in 1955, on the basis of ORGMASHPRIBOR All-Union Scientific Research Institute of Engineering and Instrument Engineering VNIITMASHPRIBOR is created, which in 1956 was renamed into the All-Union Scientific Research Institute of Engineering Technology (VNIITMASH). The Institute's functions did not change, but apart from the development of technology, design and manufacture of prototypes of special equipment and technological equipment, the institute began to develop guidance materials and methodological guidelines for the calculation of production capacities, the development of standards for interoperability allowances, for processing and compiling guidelines for standardizing the requirements of materials , the introduction of the results of completed research and new technological processes on the state enterprises.
On the basis of the Order of the Council of Ministers of the USSR No. 1716-r from May 31, 1958 and the order of the Committee of Standards, Measures and Measuring Devices of the USSR Council of Ministers No. 53 from June 23, 1958, on the basis of VNIITMASH, was organized all-Union scientific-research Institute for normalization in mechanical engineering – VNIINMASH. From the very beginning it took the leading place among the research organizations of the State Standard, now the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology.
VNIINMASH is the founder of the national school of technical regulation, the developer of general technical systems and national standards complexes (ESTPP, ESTD, ESKD, SRPP, CAD), carries out work on the norms of interchangeability, the system of tolerances and landings, wear resistance, calculations and strength tests.