Together with the Academy of standardization, metrology and certification of Rosstandard, the international work department of VNIINMASH conducts seminars on international standardization at least twice a year. Within the framework of the seminars, Russian specialists are trained in the rules and procedures of international work, including a detailed overview of the capabilities of ISO and IEC electronic resources using a computer class. An important aspect is the systematic approach, through which students receive information on such issues as the role of international standards in shaping the global market, the place of leading international standards organizations in the World Trade Organization's policy, interaction with agencies and special structures of the United Nations, the use of international standards as evidence base of technical regulations, interaction with other standardization organizations. In the formation of a training program from general to private issues, it is possible to offer participants in the seminars comprehensive information on international standardization and its implications for the global economy, including:
- international standardization as a means of ensuring the competitiveness of domestic industry in the global market;
- cooperation of ISO and IEC with WTO;
- protection of intellectual property rights of ISO and IEC;
- Russia's participation in the activities of ISO and IEC;
- procedures for technical work in ISO and IEC;
- electronic resources of ISO and IEC;
- application of international standards as national and regional standards;
- application of international standards and participation in their development;
- international, regional, interstate and national standardization - communications and interaction.
The seminar is held in the computer class of VNIINMASH, accompanied by practical training, where specialists are trained in preparing and arranging proposals for new topics and new areas of activity in ISO and IEC.